This highly motivated and positive individual works under the dentist’s supervision to prepare patients for oral examination and assists in providing treatment to the teeth, mouth and gums. The dental assistant will also be
trained to perform more sophisticated functions, such as removing sutures, processing X-rays and taking oral impressions.
- Assist the dentist in all dental procedures.
- Prepare patients for treatment.
- Hand instruments and materials to dentists and keep patients’ mouths dry and clear by using suction or other devices.
- Prepare tray setups for dental procedures and maintain adequate supply levels in each operatory, replenishing as needed.
- Prepare materials for making impressions and restorations.
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment.
- Obtain dental history and/or records from patient and ensure that the health history is updated for all returning patients.
- Instruct patients on postoperative and general oral healthcare.
- Record patient charting and all doctor notes as directed by the doctor.
- Escort patient to/from the front desk and introduce them to the continuing care clerk.
- Maintain an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with company policy.
Dental Assistant Training & Education Requirements
- High school diploma
- A degree or certificate in dental assisting
- Good communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge
- An eagerness to learn on the job
Our practice offers employment opportunities that promote professional, personal and financial growth. We work extremely hard to provide our employees with continuous professional development and a supportive work environment.
Competitive wages coupled with guaranteed income plus incentive-linked bonuses, great benefits and opportunities for advancement are just a few reasons why a career with us is an investment in your future.